Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pre- production plan

The task form the film requires me to produce a film which is to be submitted for solely my own personal assessment. So ultimately despite who I invite to help me, I have already acknowledged that the final result will be a reflection of my own creativity. Subsequently, with this understanding I will need to hire people who are best fitted for the roles in which I will need to fill.

Initially, our teacher helped the class to divide ourselves into groups, which would act as a support for each other when it came to making our own film. This also was created due to the limited sources such as editing computers, tape and camera equipment. I was partnered with Sophie Carter and Sandeep Grewal. We informally came to the conclusion that it would be best for the creators of each of the films should adopt the role of the camera woman also, to obtain the camera shot in which they first envisaged.

Within my film Sandeep, took on the role of observing continuity and Sophie maintaining the time schedules and that the film followed the storyboard. I am director within my group for many reasons: one is that I believe I am assertive and whilst I will have created the idea, I will be the best person to capture the idea initially conjured. Also due to the fact that I am aspiring to become a director, by having this role within my own film, this will provide me with experience.
Due to the fact that, our class had learnt of the conventions of a comedy and thriller and technically had those two options to base our film on, I decided to the cast my film in the genre of a Thriller. Initially I didn’t think of who my target audience would be, but decided to devise a production that if I was the target audience, then I would find it enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home