Monday, March 16, 2009

3rd draft of main film

27th February 2009

Today when speaking to one of my teachers I realized that the footage I had previously filmed for my ‘Main film’ would not be adequate for the coursework because when it edited it would be too long and the beginning would not capture the depth of my psychological thriller. Instead the two minute footage would confuse the audience and not capture the whole idea. In saying that, I have not decided to delete anything or discontinue with the completion of the film, as it would be useful to the show reel that I am working towards to create, intern I have conjured a new idea for the beginning that would entice the audience whilst grasping a section of the plot. So, due to time constraints my teacher has set I will have to explain the situation to the head of department and focus on filming and finishing the opening of my film instead of trying to complete the other parts which will only be for my personal use.


The new idea for the opening is:

- First we see the protagonist standing in front of the mirror gazing at herself (alone in the reflection- which will be a behind the shoulder shot)

- Then the protagonist looks over her shoulder for the audience to see a her alter-ego standing behind her

- She looks back to the mirror whilst her alter- ego stands there watching her intensely and emotionless, though not having any affect on the other girl.

- That fades out into a sequence of different types of security cameras, gradually the sequence getting quicker until it blacks out and the beginning of my original film starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home